Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Moose!

Near Marg & Janne's house on our way for dinner, we heard something crashing in the woods nearby. Sooz went to investigate, and whispered back to me, "moose!"

I opened my camera and took a few shots of the moose, who was about 25 yards away, looking straight at us. This is the best one of the bunch; I enhanced it a bit. No antlers, but it seemed pretty big, so I'm guessing a mama moose.

We had a great dinner afterwards; no moose meat, but röding on the grill instead. Delicious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the exterior of the big house going to be painted or stained?

Anonymous said...

A Moose! I think you are seeing things!!

Don said...

Anonymous #1:
The house is treated with jarn vitrol, which protects the wood and makes it a natural grey. See this post: http://huslangford.blogspot.com/2009/07/jarn-vitrol.html

Anonymous #2:
Hey! Sooz was with me and I have a picture!