Monday, June 21, 2010

The electricity is out!

About 7:15 this morning, I noticed my MacBook stopped charging and a quick investigation showed no power anywhere. I checked the big electrical cabinet and saw the main meter was dead, too.

Marcia called Vattenfall and their automated system said we had a known problem in our area, which was a relief, since it meant there wasn't a specific problem with our wiring.

She called back about 9:30 and spoke to a person who told us of scheduled maintenance to the high-voltage system on the island which should be done by 11. Apparently they sent a notification message, which I didn't receive, although I get their bills quite efficiently.

So now we're all queuing for the Cinderella to be back in service!

UPDATE: The power came on around 10:45. I let Marcia go first.

No comments: