Friday, February 14, 2014

Changing IKEA drawer fronts

I referred obliquely about a 'small kitchen remodel' back when we were last at the house.

Long-time readers with a good memory might remember that I had intended to mix and match the drawer fonts into a colorful pattern. Unfortunately, everything I had intended to buy was discontinued, so we went with straight white.

We found a few black and green glass drawer fronts on sale some time later for the ridiculous price of 5 kronor each. I couldn't pass up that deal, so I bought a few and promptly forgot about them.

I installed the small black ones to break up the white a bit. The green ones are for the drawers just below, but I couldn't figure out how to install those so we will wait on that idea for the time being. (A quick look at the IKEA website shows that wood is apparently what's in these days for kitchen cabinets.)

The other funny thing was that I could not figure out how to disconnect the drawer fronts. I assumed there was a trick, but for the life of me, I could not see it. A quick search on You Tube brought me the answer in under a minute. The range of knowledge available on the internet is amazing.

1 comment:

Dawn Fields said...

What did we do before YouTube????