Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Weather stations

Once we have full-time internet connectivity out at our stuga, there are a couple of things I really want to do. First is to install a webcam (or two) so I can monitor the house when we're not there, and to do a bit of video moose hunting.

Secondly is to install a weather station so I can monitor the weather at the house. There are many different ones available. However, from what I've read, they can be expensive and a bit fiddly.

I found the Netatmo recently. It is an indoor/outdoor unit, and the cool thing is that it is internet-enabled right out of the box. I didn't realize just how cool it was until recently, when I found their weather map. It aggregates observations from every Netatmo onto a world map. You can zoom out, pan around, and look at real-time observations all over the world.

The closest one I could find is on Värmdö. Perhaps one day, there'll be an Aspö reading on the world map!

No comments: