Sunday, March 1, 2015

Melodifestival: Örebro

The last semi-final was held in Örebro last night, and I think it was the best show yet. All of the acts were good (well, almost all), and I wouldn't be surprised to see the winner come from this group.

One of SVT's stars, Måns Zelmerlöw, went to the final with an interestingly-staged song, "Heroes." The chorus is catchy, which always counts for a lot in Eurovision. Måns is also just the right age to appeal to a wide demographic, i.e. both Sooz and Camille think he's cute.

My pick for the night was boy band JTR, with "Building It Up." Boy bands are hot these days, and their song has a great refrain. I can imagine hearing this on the Skägårds radio this summer.


Next week is the second chance round, which pits the also-rans from the past four shows against each other for two spots in the Stockholm final. I don't plan to pay much attention to that show; I'm convinced the winner will be between Erik, Måns, and JTR this year.

No comments: