Friday, May 22, 2015

Eurovision is tomorrow!

With all of the activity the past few weeks, the Eurovision final has snuck up on me.

Actually, that's not strictly true. We saw a lot of Måns Zelmerlöw while we were in Sweden these past few weeks. There's excitement building over his entry; the bookies have him as the favourite to win. It would be great if he could pull it off! Perhaps my dream of attending a Eurovision final in person might come true.


The second favourite is Italy, who are bringing the heavy firepower in the form of Il Volo:

I'm betting Sooz will really like this one: hunky Italians singing in their native language about amore

The standard in the semifinals was, disappointingly, pretty good. There are usually some amusingly bad acts in the semis, but not this time. I am surprised that neither Denmark (with a 60's themed song) or Trijntje Oosterhuis's catchy tune from the Netherlands went through.

I rather liked Russia, and especially Norway. But I'm well known for using attractiveness as a criteria in my Eurovision picks.

We usually have a big viewing party at home, but this time, it'll just be a couple of close friends. I'm really looking forward to it!!!

No comments: